The perfect hearty meal. While this recipe may look a bit intimidating, its quite easy! Below is the basis of what I work with, however there is so many ways you can take this and make it your own! Think outside the box! I hope you love it as much as my family & I do!
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 8 Bacon Slices
- 1/4 Cup of Onion
- 2 Clove of Garlic
- 1/3 Cup of Flour
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 Cup of Half and Half
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream (Optional)
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Bake your potatoes- 375F for 45 minutes. Let cool. Once cool, peel & cube.
- Cook bacon. Let cool. Once cool, crumble bacon. *Keep bacon fat for later use*
- In a large pot- melt butter; then add bacon fat, onion, & garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly whisk in flour. Stir for 1-2 minutes, then gradually whisk in milk & half and half, until smooth.
- Gradually add in chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Add in seasonings. Keep on a low simmer until thick.
- Stir in cheese & bacon. *be sure to keep some for garnish*. Gently scoop in potatoes.
- Garnish with cheese, bacon, & sour cream. (Optional)
CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE TUTORIAL!